Photos & Imagery
1-Day Choose Your Own Adventure
You can certainly pack a lot of fun into a day spent in Squamish discovering its seemingly endless variety of activities and recreation opportunities.
Your day in Squamish could include:
- A morning rafting tour down the Elaho River, complete with a lunch at the end, followed by a shopping spree at a range of eclectic boutiques in downtown Squamish. Cap the day off with some delicious and authentic gelato ice cream at Gelato Carina.
- Ripping around Howe Sound on a Power Boat from Squamish Harbour Boat Rentals, then hitting the driving range at Squamish Valley Golf Course – now that’s Surf ‘N Turf Squamish-style! Stick around for dinner and drinks at the Greenside Restaurant afterwards.
- Get a bird’s-eye view of Garibaldi Provincial Park on one of Glacier Air’s tours, then head into the Squamish Valley to hike the High Falls Creek trail. Sample Squamish’s nightlife with dinner at Sushi Sen and drinks at the Burrow martini bar.
1-Day Family Friendly Visit
Nothing brings a family closer together than a memorable day exploring Squamish’s activities, historical sites and stunning wildlife.
A day of family fun could include:
- Riding whitewater on a Cheakamus River rafting tour, followed by lunch overlooking the valley at Quest University. In the evening, take a stroll along the waterfront at Nexen Beach while enjoying delectable ice cream from Gelato Carina.
- Discover the fascinating history of the railroad at the Alice Lake.
- Take a tour deep into the earth at the B.C. Museum of Mining. Try your luck at panning for gold, then grab a burger at the famous Mountain Woman Café. Back in Squamish, take a walk up to see Shannon Falls, then finish the day with a tranquil stroll along the Squamish estuary looking for wildlife.