Photos & Imagery
Half-Day or Less Exploration
Even if you’ve only got a short time to spend here while on your way through to Whistler, Vancouver or points beyond, Squamish offers seemingly endless opportunities for sightseeing, recreation, entertainment and more. Here are some suggestions:
- Take the short hike up to Shannon Falls and shoot a few pictures before heading to the Copper House Restaurant for fine dining and an exquisite view. After lunch visit the Squamish Spit and watch the kiteboarders and windsurfers riding the winds.
- Rent a canoe or kayak from Valhalla Pure and paddle through the Squamish Estuary, or along the tranquil waters of Alice or Brohm Lakes. Later, discover some of the area’s unique history at the Squamish Adventure Centre.
- Hike the picturesque Four Lakes Trail, then enjoy the stunning views of the Squamish Valley as you lunch at Quest University.
- Go shopping for authentic West Coast souvenirs in downtown Squamish
- Put on your hiking boots and head for the top of the Chief. Reward your efforts afterward with locally brewed beer and a tasty meal at the Howe Sound Brew Pub.
- Visit the Brackendale Art Gallery
- Swim or skate at Brennan Park Recreation Centre
- Take in a movie matinee at the Garibaldi 5 Cinema
- View the documentary film “In the Shadow of The Chief” at the Squamish Adventure Centre
- Take a walk along the Ocean Front Interpretive Trail
- Have lunch in downtown Squamish at Zephyr, Parkside or the Howe Sound Brew Pub
- Go shopping in downtown Squamish for West Coast souvenirs and art, plus locally made chocolate, jewelry, clothing, toys and more